Cat lover? We understand Not only are cats great pets, they’re also generally less stressful. But when it comes to cat urine and poop, pet owners know it’s a different story. Cat urine and poop are not only notorious for their odor, they can also be dangerous to you and your family.
Is cat pee and poop poisonous?
Cat urine is highly concentrated in ammonia before it crystallizes. As it solidifies, it tends to become more harmful as the concentration increases. Inhaling them can cause health problems in people, such as runny noses, red eyes, itchy skin, and rashes.
In addition, airborne allergens are not limited solely to the fur and skin of cats. They can also be found in pee puddles and pee stains and pose an allergy risk for many people. Of course, there is also a bad smell that can easily irritate someone or put someone in a bad mood.
The obvious way to avoid this is to use a litter box. But are they always effective?
How to get rid of cat pee and feces smell
Usually pet owners use a litter box. A necessity for every indoor cat, litter boxes provide closed and predetermined places for your kitten to relieve themselves and to “mark” their territory. The problem is that litter boxes aren’t always practical, and most people may not always have the time to refill the litter box every month or keep the litter box clean.
If this sounds like a problem you’re currently dealing with, give the Kitty Poo Club a try.
Best litter box
A complete solution for your litter box needs, the Kitty Poo Club is a subscription based service that sends a recyclable litter box to your doorstep every 30 days. Incredibly easy to set up and use, the Kitty Poo Club is a convenient solution for pet owners who don’t want to drag home a box from the pet store, as well as those who live in confined spaces and don’t have room to put boxes of litter to store.
Founded in 2017 by Ohio entrepreneur Chad Kauffman, Kitty Poo Club offers cat owners a “complete litter box solution.”
How does it work?
Your journey with Kitty Poo Club begins on its website where you will be asked to answer some questions about your household and what products you would like to have in your first box. Based on your information, the Kitty Poo Club will put together a starter package that includes a litter box, the litter box of your choice and optional accessories.
Once you’ve got everything set up, the Kitty Poo Club will send you the items once a month. As simple as that!
While the litter box is a recyclable box that you can use all the time, Kitty Poo Club lets you fill it with one of five types of cat litter.
- Silica gel – A signature litter from Kitty Poo Club, each silica gel pouch contains pearls roughly the size of an average hailstone, making them incredibly comfortable on your cat’s paws. Like all silica gel products, it’s an easy-care product that absorbs moisture to help control liquids and odors.
- Fine grain silica gel – If your cat prefers a more sandy texture, Kitty Poo Club also offers a fine-grain version of their silica gel. This silica gel is also a desiccant and will help effectively dehydrate urine and feces for up to a month.
- Clumping clay – If you’re looking for a clay option, this clumping clay mass is built with activated charcoal for added odor control. While not as easy to care for as silica gel, a single box of clay can last twice as long, making it a great option for those who have more than one cat.
- soy based – For those who prefer a plant-based option, this soy-based bedding is perfect. Like the clay litter, it must be scooped up regularly to keep it clean and odorless.
- Kieselguhr – Derived from natural sedimentary rock, the kieselguhr litter does not clump and has few traces. It’s also hypoallergenic and is great at controlling odors.
In addition to these excellent bedding options, you can also include other cat products in your monthly box, such as mats, shovels, toys, cat treats, and even a dome to give your cat more privacy. Each crate and litter is also available at an affordable price of $ 22.99 or $ 11.99 if you just want the crate.
The difference in the Kitty Poo Club
While there are tons of litter box options on the market, Kitty Poo Club stands out as an environmentally friendly all-in-one solution. In addition to the visually appealing design, each litter box consists of 89% recycled cardboard and 11% recycled plastic. The club even provides a link to the Carton Council website where you can enter your zip code to find out if you live in an area where these cardboard boxes can be recycled. The choice of bedding is also environmentally friendly and scientifically sound, in addition to being extremely liquid and odor absorbent. The wide range is also perfect for stubborn cats who are picky. Of course, Kitty Poo Club also offers a refund for boxes within the first three weeks of use.
For those who like the convenience of not scooping up urine balls every day or running to a litter box every month, Kitty Poo Club is one of the best litter box options.
Are you ready to make keeping cats easier? Find out more about the Kitty Poo Club by clicking here.